Saturday, March 26, 2011

Who am I?

My name is Eric Hansen. I am 20 years old. My birthday is May 26. I grew up in a small town in Alberta, Canada. I have 10 people in my family. Mom and Dad 5 brothers and 2 sisters. and now 3 other sisters and 5 nephews and 2 nieces. I am number 5 and 5th boy. I LOVE MY FAMILY. I graduated from High School and then went to Brigham Young University-Idaho for a semester. Majoring in Computer Information Technology with a possible minor in Arabic language. My hope and dream is to go work for the Federal Bureau of Investigation(FBI), Secret Service or some other Federal Law Enforcement Agency. That is my dream from when I was a little boy. I love helping people and saving lives. I love knowing that I am changing lives for the better.
God has blessed me and my family many times. Too many to count. I AM A MORMON!

Interests/Hobbies
I love going on road trips and just being with friends and family. My favorite vacation place is Lake City, FL. I love going out with my cousins into the mountains and go four wheeling. I love Christmas and being able to spend it with my family. As a boy I always dreamed of going and helping people and saving lives. 
Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer for sure, Piano, Mechanics, Shooting firearms, Favorite TV Series- NCIS,  NCIS Los Angeles, 24, Smallville, Fringe 
Favorite Movies- Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration, Finding Faith in Christ, The Restoration, SWAT, The Hurt Locker, Shooter, The Bourne Series, Taken

Some of the best memories are from when I was with family and friends doing what seemed like nothing but serving others.  In the scriptures we learn that when we are serving our fellow beings we are only serving our God. (Book of Mormon, Mosiah 2:17). As a boy my dad taught me to always serve others as he was a perfect example of it. I learned from him and my brothers and then from people I worked for. No matter what if there was someone that was needing something, if we could we would go and help out. God blessed us because we were on the receiving end sometimes. As a young boy and learning that, it has helped me throughout my life. 

Mission (Very Brief Overview)
I am currently serving a full-time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am in the Tennessee Nashville Mission. I am not changing lives but I am being one of Gods hands and changing souls. Bringing them back to Him through teaching the Gospel of jesus Christ. I have been out for one year. I served in Fairview, TN for my first 6 months. I had the best time of my life there. While serving there I was able to serve around very many good members of the Church and other good people. There was one man that helped me in so many ways I can not even name them all. Ray Flake took me under his arm and helped me through many trials. He taught me about the importance of the Gospel and families. He taught me how to become a better person. In times of huge need he helped. His family was always there for me. They were not the only ones there were many who helped out also. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Fairview Branch was always there for us. When needing different items or help they were there. With these people are many great memories which will be discussed in another post. 
I was able to serve many people during the flood. As many probably know about the April/May 2010 flood around Nashville area. I will write more about this at a later time. 
I met many very awesome families. While there I was able to go and visit many churches including Fairview Church of Christ, New Hope Church of Christ, New Hope Baptist Church, Berean Free Will Baptist Church, Liberty Hill Church of Christ and many others. I had an awesome time visiting these churches and learned lots and gained many friendships. While in Fairview I was able to help many people build their Faith in Jesus Christ. After leaving Fairview I was stationed in Martin, TN for 2 weeks. Then I went to Mayfield, KY for 16 weeks. I gained many more friends and was fortunate enough to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. From there I went to Clarksville, TN where I am now located. I have been here for 7 weeks now. At all of the places I have got to help people strengthen their Faith in Jesus Christ and help them learn of their relationship with our Heavenly Father through the power of prayer. While helping others I have learned who I truly am and my true relationship with Heavenly Father. Coming to know of this has helped me through trials that have been put in front of me. Through hardships with me and also family and other people. I have learned the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. The only and true doctrine of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. My testimony of this Gospel has not come from man but has come from the third member of the Godhead. The Holy Ghost. If we pray and ask God for things He will answer our prayers. In the Epistle of James 1st chapter 5th verse it reads, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to allmen liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." It is by the power of the Holy Ghost by what we feel (Galations 5:22-23) that we receive answers to those prayers. 
TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment