Today we had a special guest who has been off his mission for nine months. He is a very inspired man. He talked about the importance of our missions and our calls. He talked about the choices we make and how they affect everything in eternity.
Here are a few points I wrote down that I absolutely loved from Chris Olive:
- You are here to prepare for the rest of your life
- You are here to be sifted through the tares of wheat(to prove yourself)
- Your life will be a reflection of your mission
- Your mission will be a direct indication of how your life will be
- Faithfully fulfilling your mission edifies you
- Spiritually these are the two most developing years
- Help and teach people to pray and to have faith
- "You have two years to serve and eternity to reflect on those two years"
- Six ways God judges us
- How well you magnify your calling
- Your willingness to be Obedient
- Your eagerness to Serve
- The righteous desires of your heart
- The way you respond to hardness and opposition
- The way you love your Heavenly Father
- Missionary work is a Holy work, You need to be Holy!"
- Ezra Taft Benson said, "Greatest test in life is obedience"
- Christ could have known our sufferings and afflictions through revelation but He chose to suffer with us
- "If I chose to be here when I was in Heaven, then why don't I chose to be in Heaven here on earth"
- We are agents to act and choose for ourselves
- You can choose eternal life or captivity
- Everything you do is a choice
- When you choose to be obedient, you choose success
- We tend to live up to our expectations
- You can choose the positive side of life
We decided to focus on a word for this transfer. We chose ACT. We came up with an acronym. It is:
Teach about Christ and His Atonement as they are central to the plan. Then as you do follow the Spirit you will be able to testify with power from on high. You will have the Angels of Heaven taking your message to their hearts. They will truly know that that is God's plan as you prepare and teach by the Spirit. This will come back to their minds as it is not new but was decided in the pre-earth life.
"When we willfully disobey we in a sense walk on Jesus Christ. We have willfully thown Him out of our life and decided to walk upon Him by being disobedient. The Savior ALWAYS has His hands out stretched to us. He always invites us to "Come unto Him" and repent and strive to become better. As we do this we will feel His Atonement working in our lives."
Will you choose to live obedient to the Gospel and have freedom from bondage and sin or will you choose to be disobedient and suffer while in the hands of the lucifer? This is your choice and your life. You have to live with the consequences for eternity. I admonish all to come unto our Creator, Jesus Christ and become better! Do this and see if He does not bless you because I know He will.
What decision will you make?