Friday, April 1, 2011

Why am I a Mormon?

Why am I a Mormon?
This question has been asked several times on my mission. The easiest way to answer it is by saying I know that it is the only true church. That is not saying that everyone else is going to Hell because they are not. Each church teaches good Doctrine but none have the Fulness of the Gospel as was explained to Joseph Smith by Jesus Christ. I know that because God has told me. I talked about the spirit yesterday and that is how we receive answers to our prayers. Through the fruits of the Spirit and after praying I came to know just as any human being can. Through my feelings. Many people comment on how crazy Joseph Smith's History is. Well what about Jonah getting swallowed by a whale and then spit out. Isn't that crazy? Well can you imagine what they must feel like having quite the experiences. I can't even comprehend how it struck both of these Prophets of God. What do you think the people at Moses time thought? Moses splitting the Red Sea. That is remarkable and there is only one way to do it. Through the Power of God.

In the Book of Mormon(Another Testament of Jesus Christ) in Moroni 10:3-5 it states,

3Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
 4And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 5And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

Here it gives us a promise that if we ask in faith believing God will answer if you are willing to act upon that answer. If we do not have intentions of acting upon that answer why should God tell us? That is what real intent means willing to do whatever to follow God's counsel. We have to be sincere in our prayers. Do we pray just to pray or do we pray because we want to? You need to evaluate this. We also need to give time for the prayer to be answere. PATIENCE! We need to understand that God will answer our prayer but it is in His own time. His time is not the same as ours. He wants us to learn patience. We wants us to grow. He gives us trials and challenges in life to test us. What are you willing to do to show your Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ? Are you gonna give up or are you going to keep pressing forward hoping he will help you? I know He will help you. He loves all just as it says in Isaiah 41:10

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

That is God's promise to us if we are willing to allow Him to do so. It is always us that holds us back from God. He is always there but with sin we push ourselves away from Him. Well enough has been said. To find out if what has been spoken is true I invite you to pray and ask God if this is true. He will tell you. You need to have an open mind to receive your answer. I invite you to ask God if THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS is the Lords kingdom here upon the earth. If you have faith and truly want to know He will tell you. If there are any questions please ask I am here to answer questions.

No matter what anyone tells me I will never doubt God. I take my questions to Him knowing He can answer them. I know the things which have been written are true. I know God loves you. Maybe you dont love yourself but God will always love you no matter what. I know the Book Of Mormon truly is scripture from God. I bear you my knowledge in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

For a Free Copy of the Book of Mormon
Call (888) 537-2200

No comments:

Post a Comment