Friday, May 6, 2011

Lets Shout Out in Gratitude for Mothers

Well lets have a shout out to all of the women in the world who make a difference. Let us remember them always but especially at this time around Mother's Day. Whether they are mothers or not they are important. Whether married or single the women in the world make a difference and are an example to the next generations.  Lets refer to a story in the Book of Mormon when the 2000 stripling warriors went off to battle and they were young and not experienced. 



Alma 56:47-49
47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.
 49And it came to pass that I did return with my two thousand against these Lamanites who had pursued us. And now behold, the armies of Antipus had overtaken them, and a terrible battle had commenced.
See here in this story we see that a mothers example is so important. These boys followed their mothers teachings. Another example is well look at my mother. From childhood she taught us about our Heavenly Father. She taught us that we need to go on a mission. I followed my mothers counsel after I had a hard time. I was not as obedient as these boys but guess what I eventually did come around and followed that counsel. I had to humble myself. I would recommend going to lds.org and looking up the talk, "Mother Told Me by Bradley D. Foster." This talk is so awesome and again shows the effects of a mother in a childs life. The prophets have counseled that when we are able to the mothers need to be in the home and raise the children. I saw a perfect example of that in my life. When I was really young my mom was at home with me. But then my mom had to go to work and the next brothers and sisters missed out on having a mother with them. I firmly believe that a mother in the home teaching the children will do much more than us men in the home teaching. Another example of someone being taught by their mother was Jesus. Jesus Christ learned about His Heavenly Father at His mothers knees. That is a perfect example. I know not all times mother will be able to be at the home because of financial problems and different things. Some mothers have to go to work to help support the family. 
Lets refer to Elder Jeffrey R. Holland "Because of Your Faith" where he says, "I am grateful for all the women of the Church who in my life have been as strong as Mount Sinai and as compassionate as the Mount of Beatitudes. We smile sometimes about our sisters’ stories—you know, green Jell-O, quilts, and funeral potatoes. But my family has been the grateful recipient of each of those items at one time or another—and in one case, the quilt and the funeral potatoes on the same day. It was just a small quilt—tiny, really—to make my deceased baby brother’s journey back to his heavenly home as warm and comfortable as our Relief Society sisters wanted him to be. The food provided for our family after the service, voluntarily given without a single word from us, was gratefully received. Smile, if you will, about our traditions, but somehow the too-often unheralded women in this church are always there when hands hang down and knees are feeble. They seem to grasp instinctively the divinity in Christ’s declaration: “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these … , ye have done it unto me."
"I say to you mothers, if you ever have sons and daughters who amount to what they should in the world, it will be in no small degree due to the fact that your children have a mother who spends many nights on her knees in prayer, praying God that her son, her daughter, will not fail. I remember at the foolish years of my teenage life, my mother came to me with an intuitive impression and warning which I brushed off as foolish teenagers do. “Oh, mother, that’s silly,” I said, then within only a month, to stand face to face with the temptation about which mother had warned. I never had the courage to go back and tell her how right she was, but I was on guard because someone warned—my mother." (Harold B. Lee, President of the Church, The Righteous Influence of Mothers)
Along with all that has been wrote I know how much a mother makes a difference in the life. There are times where mothers are taken out of the home because of divorce, death, work or just left home. I know that their are times where fathers are wifeless and mothers are husbandless.  Lets show our mothers and wives and daughters how much they really mean to us. It doesn't matter if they have ever been a mother. The difference they make in our lives is huge. Let us remember that God created them and they are all Daughters of God. They are important in the home and in our lives. I have always heard the closest love to our Heavenly Fathers love is our mothers love. The pain they go through not only physical but emotional. The stress we cause them. My poor moms hair is all going grey because of me. HAHA! I LOVE HER!
I love my mother like none other. I would do anything for her. I am so very grateful for the things she has done for me. For raising me with the Gospel, for teaching me how to work and for taking care of me as a little brat. If she didn't love me then I know she wouldn't have dealt with me as a kid and then as a teenager. The patience and charity she has is definitely God given. No one could deal with us guys unless they loved us. I love my mother. One day I will be married and have a wife to take care of me. Thats how it works right? Just kidding! But so honored we are to be given the Daughters of God to raise our children and us as well. Lets be honest here. How many men are grown up. We all grow old but we never grow up. I know of this to be true. If you love your mom tell her you love her. Not just tell her but show her. Do the same for your wife.  
Always respect our mothers and all the females who make a difference in our lives. God Bless you Mothers and Daughters of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment