Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Ministry of Angels

Welcome back to the new post. Well we all hear about different cool experiences about unknown people helping out. Sometimes you even hear about Heavenly Messengers coming to people. I am here to tell you that these truly do happen. 


Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke about these angels. If you follow the link it will take you there. 
http://lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/the-ministry-of-angels?lang=eng&query=Ministry+Angels


Elder Holland Said,

"From the beginning down through the dispensations, God has used angels as His emissaries in conveying love and concern for His children. Time in this setting does not allow even a cursory examination of the scriptures or our own latter-day history, which are so filled with accounts of angels ministering to those on earth, but it is rich doctrine and rich history indeed.
Usually such beings are not seen. Sometimes they are. But seen or unseen they are always near. Sometimes their assignments are very grand and have significance for the whole world. Sometimes the messages are more private. Occasionally the angelic purpose is to warn. But most often it is to comfort, to provide some form of merciful attention, guidance in difficult times.Has the day of miracles ceased?
“Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved?
“Behold I say unto you, Nay; for … it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men. …
“For behold, they are subject unto [Christ], to minister according to the word of his command, showing themselves unto them of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of godliness.
I ask everyone within the sound of my voice to take heart, be filled with faith, and remember the Lord has said He “would fight [our] battles, [our] children’s battles, and [the battles of our] children’s children.”  And what do we do to merit such a defense? We are to “search diligently, pray always, and be believing[. Then] all things shall work together for [our] good, if [we] walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith [we] have covenanted.”  The latter days are not a time to fear and tremble. They are a time to be believing and remember our covenants.
I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind.
Matthew records in his gospel that after Satan had tempted Christ in the wilderness “angels came and ministered unto him.” 8 Even the Son of God, a God Himself, had need for heavenly comfort during His sojourn in mortality. And so such ministrations will be to the righteous until the end of time"
As Elder Holland spoke here there are truly angels all around us. Some may be your friends some maybe your family and others well you just may not known them. You may never know them. I have had many angels in my life. Their examples have kept me going on the right path. They have helped me in the hardest times of life and decisions. I couldn't imagine life without the angels therein. I could not imagine not having Gods help in my life. His help has come through some of these angels. That is why it is so important that we are all doing our visiting and helping other people. When we need someone we can have help. When you may not expect it God may send someone into your life or just put something in the mail. I have been a recipient of these blessings before in my life. He has sent me people to strengthen me. He has sent me trials to build me stronger. He has sent me my family to continually help me in all that I deal with. I know that He has sent families and they are meant to be eternal not till death do we part. This is one of the greatest messages in life. 
Another message in life that is more important than anything is Heavenly Father sending His Son Jesus Christ to atone for the sins, infirmities and weakness of all mankind. The Atonement is the central message in the Gospel. Everything is focused around the atonement because if it did not happen then we are doomed for life. It is so comforting to know that God still today sends angels to us to help us just as He did in the Old and New Testament times. Because of the sacredness they may not be spoken of but I testify that God does send them. I testify God lives and loves each one of us. I know that we are each a part of His Plan. We each have a huge part of it. We need to figure out what part we have and the way to do that is through humbling ourselves and asking God. 
Remember the words of our Heavenly Father in the Book of Mormon. (2 Nephi 31:11), "Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son."

No comments:

Post a Comment