These are from me. These are not perfect but ideas on how to become a perfect father or husband. There is also much more than what is contained in this list.
- Have personal Scripture Study and Prayer
- Temple Marriage, Attend Temple Regularly
- Stay Worthy to your Covenants (Baptismal and Temple)
- Take Personal Time with Each Child and Have fun (This time should not be a set time, just out of random do it to show your children you care about them, Listen to them)
- Bear your Testimony, it will Spiritually Nourish them continually
- LOVE your Wife and Children (Don't just tell them but show them)
- Give Priesthood Blessings to your family
- Date night with your wife frequently (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT) This will help keep your LOVE nourished and relationship strong
- Enjoy to the End (Not endure to the end, enjoy your time with your family, make it memorable)
- Trust in God
- Teach your kids the Principle of Service
- Strive Continually to Follow the Savior
- Respect the Precious Daughters of God (ALL OF THEM)
- Have Patience
- Do all to keep your Marriage Bound and Strong
- Know the Doctrine of the Priesthood
- Fulfill Priesthood Responsibilities
- BE AN EXAMPLE
- Tell your Wife you LOVE her, don't just tell her but show her you mean it
- Be Kind and Supportive to Wife and Children
- Listen to your Wife and Children
- Go to your Childrens Activities as often as Possible
- Choose Eternal Companion Carefully and Prayerfully
- Show you LOVE your Heavenly Father and Savior
- Remember your Children and Wife are a Gift from your Heavenly Father and you need to take care of them
President Thomas S. Monson said,
"Brethren, there is a point at which it’s time to think seriously about marriage and to seek a companion with whom you want to spend eternity. If you choose wisely and if you are committed to the success of your marriage, there is nothing in this life which will bring you greater happiness.
When you marry, brethren, you will wish to marry in the house of the Lord. For you who hold the priesthood, there should be no other option. Be careful lest you destroy your eligibility to be so married. You can keep your courtship within proper bounds while still having a wonderful time.
Choose a companion carefully and prayerfully; and when you are married, be fiercely loyal one to another. Priceless advice comes from a small framed plaque I once saw in the home of an uncle and aunt. It read, “Choose your love; love your choice.” There is great wisdom in those few words. Commitment in marriage is absolutely essential.
Your wife is your equal. In marriage neither partner is superior nor inferior to the other. You walk side by side as a son and a daughter of God. She is not to be demeaned or insulted but should be respected and loved. "
President Gordon B. Hinckley: “Any man in this Church who … exercises unrighteous dominion over [his wife] is unworthy to hold the priesthood. Though he may have been ordained, the heavens will withdraw, the Spirit of the Lord will be grieved, and it will be amen to the authority of the priesthood of that man. The gift of the priesthood is priceless. It carries with it the authority to act as God’s servants, to administer to the sick, to bless our families, and to bless others as well. Its authority can reach beyond the veil of death, on into the eternities. There is nothing else to compare with it in all this world. Safeguard it, treasure it, live worthy of it."
President Howard W. Hunter said this about marriage: “Being happily and successfully married is generally not so much a matter of marrying the right person as it is being the right person. The conscious effort to do one’s part fully is the greatest element contributing to success.”
The Lord plans for marriage is to be Eternal and not till death do you part. But this can only be done in The House of the Lord. These Temples are set apart from the world as a piece of Heaven on Earth. Use them, but only Worthily, for God's Presence is there.
If nothing else remember ,YOUR FAMILY NEEDS TO HAVE A STRONG FOUNDATION OF LOVE!