Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Boys Dream

As kids we all have dreams. Some are way out there and some are very reasonable. Do these dreams ever become a reality? For some they do when they work hard enough to accomplish them. For others they don't pursue their dreams. I once read this quote that says,

"The Future Belongs to the People Who Believe in the Beauty of their Dreams."
Take a bite out of that for a second. I love that quote. That really makes me ponder about the meaning. What does it mean to you. Please comment as I would like to know. 

As a young boy I have always dreamed of being a rich man. Who hasn't? As a career I have always dreamed of being either a FBI Agent or a Secret Service Agent. That is honestly my dream. I know I am weird. I love going and helping and protecting people. I hear sirens and oh my I feel so much like helping out. As you can ask the missionaries that have served around me I get REALLY excited when I hear sirens. I am ready to be carrying a firearm and going and getting bad people. From different doctor visits I was told I should switch my career choice and doing something a little calmer. I was heart broken to hear that. I received comfort from my Heavenly Father though. He made sure I know He is there. For a long time I have not accepted that advice. I know for my physical sake maybe I should listen to it but I just don't want to. I don't want someone to tell me I can't do something. It hurts to be honest, especially when it is your dream. Now of course over the past year I have accepted and put my trust in God. I know He is there. I know my Savior atoned for my pains and afflictions so that one day I will not have to whether in this life or the next I do not know.
With time going by I have gained a greater idea on my dream. I can still work for the FBI or Secret Service but I can be on a Anti-Cyber Terrorism Unit. That would be so cool. It would still be helping people from the back lines. There is always a plan in place. I pray I can make the right decisions in life to follow this [perfect] plan which is put in place. I pray all of us will be in tune with the Spirit so we to can know where we need to be and what we need to be doing. If nothing else in life we NEED to be sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others.

President George Albert Smith (1945–1951), THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS, said,
“That is your mission, my brethren and sisters of the Church, that is your responsibility. Freely you have received and our Heavenly Father will expect you freely to share with His
other sons and daughters these glorious truths” (Sharing the Gospel with Others, sel. Preston Nibley [1948], 213). 
“We will attain our exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom only on the condition that we share with our Father’s other children the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and observe the
commandments that will enrich our lives here and hereafter.”

With that said I pray each of us will share with others the joy we have in our lives. True happiness will only come through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment