Friday, August 26, 2011

We Live to Die and Die to Live

Lately I have been thinking about time and how it goes by. I have been pondering upon very good memories and I love those memories. So I am a missionary called to serve a mission for the Lord Jesus Christ! I was called for a period of 24 months. To make a long story short it was changed to a 22.5 month mission. I have been thinking about how the past 17 months have just been going ever so fast. It amazes me at where I have been and what I have been able to help with. With less than 6 months to go there is so much more to do. I don't have enough time in my day. I wish I did but God created all things for a reason. The human mind can't comprehend the mysteries of God, but we can comprehend a portion of His plan.

Before we came here to earth we lived with God. We are His spirit children. Oh how much He loves us! We learn that we were with God in Jeremiah 1:5 when He says, "Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee..." Words with power. We don't remember it there because there was a veil put upon our eyes so we can act in faith while we are here on earth. So many believe they need to see things in order to believe them. Where is the faith? Where is the trust in God?

We then came here to earth to gain physical bodies so we can progress and grow. I would like to look at an analogy. Family for example. We are raised at home by our parents and or guardian. We live and learn with them, but there is a time that we must move on. Our progression either stops or slows down completely. We don't learn real responsibility when we are living at home. We don't have bills to pay and when we do we only pay a portion of them. We don't understand what it is like being away from our parents. We don't fully comprehend personal reliance. When we move away from home and go to work or school then we are able to start progressing again. We are learning more responsibility. We are seeing what it is like to be self reliant. It is such a blessing in life to learn this.
So we were in heaven came to earth and now we are making decisions on our own. We have free agency or the opportunity to choose for ourself because of our Savior Jesus Christ! He has made it possible for us to repent when we make wrong decisions. So we are learning and growing here upon the earth. We are progressing. We need to be learning everything we can while we are here on earth. We need to be taking the chances to grow. One thing about earth is that we have one guarantee. We are going to die. Do we just live to die and that is the end?

Absolutely not. That is not the end of our lives. The scriptures talk about eternal life. Doesn't eternal meaning mean no beginning or end? So where do we go after we die?
In St. John 5:25 it states,
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live."
In 1 Peter 3:19 it states,
"By which also he(Christ) went and preached unto the spirits in prison" So this shows there is life after death. That the dead will hear the gospel. Christ Himself went and preached it unto them. So we go to a spirit world where we are held until the resurrection. In this spirit world there will be Spirit Prison and Spirit Paradise. Depending on what you have done here on earth depends on where you will go. Isn't this just so cool.

Then we will be resurrected and judged by our Savior Jesus Christ! From there it will depend on where we go in heaven. Where we will know which heaven we will go to. More than one heaven wait a second?
Paul says, "I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven." So there in 2 Corinthians 12:2 it states there there are more than one heaven. It is not just heaven or hell. There is more to this than is told. Would a just and merciful God put a good person with a sinner?  No! 1 Corinthians 15:40-41 it states, "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory." So at a later time we will talk about who goes where, but until then you can go to Gods Plan of Happiness
I hope this makes sense. If not let me know and definitely I heed all to go to the link above. It explains it better than I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment