Thursday, August 4, 2011

STRENGTHENING FAMILY RELATIOSNHIPS

I will be honest I love talking about families because that is what I hold dear to my heart. I love my family like no man could imagine. I love studying and learning more about how to strengthen families because one day I am going to have my own and need to know how I can strengthen it from the beginning. Again after going through conference talks and different things running through my head and seeing different people raise their families here is my suggestions:
  • LOVE IS SPELT  T-I-M-E FAMILY PRAYER
  • SCRIPTURE STUDY
  • FAMILY HOME EVENING
  • FAMILY DINNER AROUND TABLE (talk about your day, find out how you can help your kids or wife here)
  • PICTURE OF TEMPLE AND THE SAVIOR IN EVERY ROOM
  • ONLY APPROPRIATE MEDIA IN THE HOME
  • HAVE HUNG UP-THE FAMILY: A PROCLAMATION TO THE WORLD
  • HOME BUILT UPON THE GOSPEL AND THE SAVIOR
  • HOME SHOULD BE BUILT UPON LOVE, LAUGHTER, JOY, HOPE, FAITH, TRUST, GRATITUDE, PATIENCE, SERVICE, FUN, GOOD MEMORIES, ETC..
  • EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE FAMILY CENTERED
  • EVERYONE IS EQUAL IN THE HOME (no one is more important than the other)
  • FAMILY IS MOST IMPORTANT
  • IDEA OF ETERNAL FAMILY
  • BEING SELF-SUFFICIENT (when a family provides for themselves they grow but are much happier)
  • NEED TO BE UNIFIED
  • AVOID DEBT
  • "CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME" ELDER M. RUSSELL BALLARD
  • HOME IS A PIECE OF HEAVEN ON EARTH
  • MEMBER MISSIONARIES
  • TEACH CHILDREN TO DO CHORES AND WORK 
  • MOTHER AT HOME WHILE CHILDREN ARE BEING RAISED IF POSSIBLE
  • GOD HAS ENTRUSTED HIS CHILDREN TO YOU, TAKE CARE OF THEM
  • BEING AN EXAMPLE TO THE FAMILY AND THOSE AROUND YOU
These are again in inexperience persons view. These are just ideas that may help situations in the home. I truly from my mission know that these will help if you implement them but the most important part is living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus said of this, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." (3 Nephi 13:33) He promises that if week seek righteousness then all things will be added unto us. What better promise can we get. We need to be the example because if we don't live the Gospel then how should we expect our children to live it?

Family is number one above work, above sleep, and most importantly above friends. Sorry but that is how I believe it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment